Saturday, March 22, 2014

Benjamin



I haven't blogged in forever - and I mean forever.   But, I am starting back up because of a boy named Benjamin.  I met his dad today.  My family and I went to Echo today to their farm day.  While waiting on a family member I began to talk to the gentleman next to me.   We made small talk for ten minutes till I mentioned my son, Joshua.  I explained to him Joshua's special needs and he became very quiet.  He spoke in an almost hushed voice as if revealing a painful, sacred secret. "My son has recently developed .... "  And, he told me the long medical name of the mental condition that had been developing in his son progressively the past two years.   Benjamin was becoming a different person before his eyes and it was scary and sad.  He talked about how he keeps comparing Benjamin to other kids his age and that just triggers more pain.

My family member returned and I promised the man I would pray for him and his son.  I reminded him to see his son through the eyes of Jesus.  Benjamin is a beautiful person and doesn't have to be like anyone else.  Please pray for this family.  They walk unknown territory everyday.  They are the bravest of the brave.  I pray they know they have a God who will walk with them through this journey - as He walks with me through mine.



 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Beautifully said Patty!

    Janet Brown

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have reminded me to love and pray for others in their journey. I pray my eyes are open to the opportunities to care as you did.
    awesome sunset!

    ReplyDelete