Friday, July 6, 2012

Where is Home?

Our family just moved from our home of 12 years.  This was a dramatic change for Joshua and the rest of the family.  When you move, everything is foreign and you long for familiarity and stability.  We have been in a hotel room for the past week looking for a place to live temporarily in North Carolina.  Next week we will be searching for a house in Florida to call our permanent residence.

This experience has caused us all to examine our own lives and determine the direction in which we believe that God is leading.  It has also opened my eyes to see the beautiful presence of God in every situation.  Even though I am in a new place I am also on familiar ground, spiritually speaking, because I read in Romans 8: 38-39 that nothing can separate me from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus.  Nothing! Not even being in an unfamiliar place with people I don't know.


I am amazed and humbled by the people God has brought into my life that have ministered to me in His name.  My friend, Betty cleaned my house one day while a number of other friends picked up every stick of furniture I own and put it into a truck for storage.  My friend, Liza was with me everyday, determined to help me get 12 years of living out of the house.  She is still keeping my dog for me also.  People brought me meals, played with Joshua, encouraged and supported me emotionally.  (There were tears.)  Too many friends to name volunteered, all receiving nothing, but giving anyway.  (Well, there was pizza and doughnuts :))))

I"m hoping this new move will allow me to spend more time helping Joshua.  Our goal is to become much more fluent in sign language and in our use of technology for communication for those who are nonverbal like Joshua.

Moving or change, though difficult doesn't have to be a bad thing.  This morning I read a verse  in Isaiah that is perfect for my  family and I am going to write it on a card and put it on my refrigerator wherever that may be in the near future.

Isaiah 43:19  Behold, I am doing a new thing; now it springs forth; do you not perceive and know it, and will you not give heed to it?  I will even make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert.



My prayers is that wherever we are we will always remember that God is with us each moment and when we walk with Him ... we are at home.


No comments:

Post a Comment