Monday, September 3, 2012

JOSHUA AND FAMILY IN GOLDSBORO




After spending a month in and out of hotels and with family;  Allan, Joshua and I are in a town home in Goldsboro which we rent from a Mr. Thomas.  We call this place the "Thomas Trap" partly because we feel stuck in this rather dingy, dark place which appeared a lot cleaner when we first saw it, but the electricity was not turned on so that was our first mistake.  I spent two days cleaning someone elses dirt.  I am too clean.

 There is no yard and we have our 70 pound dog along with kitty.  So dog duty and searching for a good litter box spot are a continuing factor. Did I mention that we are right by the air force base which I don't mind, but our dog is terrified of the sounds from their  "practice" shooting.  If there is any noise when I try to walk her, she bolts back for the house.

My bright spot is the pool right by the town home and we usually have it all to ourselves.  I thank God every time I swim - only He know how therapeutic swimming is for Joshua and me.!!!

Since we don't plan to be here very long we are picking up cheap things to use around the house.  So Joshua and I have been hitting the thrift shops.  Joshua is a very "hands on" kid so shopping with him is challenging.  But, we have done well from our $19 table complete with gum under it to our $5 sunflower picture.

I remember all the fun things we have done this month from hiking in NC mountains to surfing in Melbourne Bch.  We have spent a lot of time at the beach with family and friends swimming, surfing and hanging out!  We played in streams in the mountains and saw deer and saw baby turtles make their way to the ocean.



Joshua is a trooper, though I know he is wondering when we will be going back home, and for the first time, I miss our old house.  I sometimes question if we did the right thing by selling our house.  I think it's not the actual house, but the memories and familiarity of a place we lived for 12 years that I miss. 

When I was walking through the stores in the historic area of St Augustine, I saw a little plague that read, "Home is where your mom is."  Moms work hard to make a house a home by pouring out a lot of love and sacrifice and I hope I am doing that wherever our family finds ourselves be it temporary or permanent.

I guess God has us here right now for a reason.  Joshua and I continue to work on learning more sign language on the computer.  We are still looking at real estate on line for a house near Fort Myers.  We are slowing down our pace and continue to try to live one day at a time and be thankful, although I just heard they are closing the pool after Labor Day. :(

Sometimes it's easy to get discouraged and tired in our walk of faith.  My new prayer is Psalm 119:32 " I will not merely walk, but run the way of Your commandments, when You give me a heart that is willing. "   How great to know that He's helping my hard heart to become a willing heart.  Willing to follow Him and walk in His ways.  Keep us in your prayers as we go through all of these changes and continue to take one day at a time; especially after Labor Day!


1 comment:

  1. ((((Patti)))) Wish I could do more than pray for you, but praying I have and will continue. I remember the day we moved to LaBelle. I thought I'd moved to the middle of nowhere. We were in the process of buying a house, so we chose to rent something very cheap until we could move in. It was July, a Saturday, and neither the air-conditioning nor the refrigerator in the house was working and there was no one to fix it until Monday. It was so dirty that I wouldn't put my kitchen things away. We lived out of boxes, and then the house we thought we were buying fell through. I had to live like that for over 4 more months. Really makes me appreciate what I have today, but it was not fun at the time. Praying for you to receive abundant joy and grace for this season.

    ReplyDelete